Weight Loss to Date

Monday, July 23, 2012

I'm going crazy. I keep gaining weight. I am trying to be a normal eater but its just impossible without gaining weight. I am trying to do a lot of liquid, no gluten, mostly fruits and veggies, and avoiding meat (though I'm not starting with that part until after I get back home to Boulder). I'm also trying to avoid coffee because of my acid reflux, though I love it so soooo much. We will see how it goes. I need to lose some weight fast, but it probably won't happen. I'm not going to take extreme measures to do it--liquid is not a bad or unhealthy option, vegetarianism has documented health benefits, and I need to be gluten free because of my vocal issues and inflammation. Nothing extreme or desperate. I wish there was a miracle cure, but there isn't.

I'm trying to have the mindset that I am okay the way that I am. It is okay to accept yourself and still go through times where you make other choices about health. I don't want to feel deprived, that's when I freak out and/or binge. So if I miss meat, I may give myself permission to eat meat. If I want a piece of bread, I may make an exception occasionally (can't do it often, to avoid inflammation!). I will definitely make exceptions for beer occasionally... I miss the Southern Sun (a brewery/pub in Boulder).

I want to make choices that will help me lose, and I would soooo like to lose fast, but I know that its baby steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment